Thursday, May 5, 2011

Luke Bell is swimming faster

Luke Bell exits the swim in the PZ3TX at 70.3 St. Croix

blueseventy is pleased to announce that multiple Half Ironman champion Luke Bell has joined the blueseventy team for 2011. Luke enjoyed a solid thirty second lead out of the swim at last weekend's 70.3 St. Croix and held it all the way to the 2nd lap of the run where the race came down to a very exciting give and take between Luke and Ukrainian Max Krait. From Luke's blog: "The last lap was filled with surge after surge, by the both of us trying to gain some advantage. With 2miles to go Kriat got the every small 4 second gap over the top of a hill and rolled down the other side from then on it was a race home - All I wanted to do was grap him by the scruff of the neck and bring him back however I just could not reach!" Krait pulled off the biggest win of his career by 16 seconds.

Australian made Bell spends his summers in Boulder and San Diego. Many fans of the sport will recognize him from his profile in the documentary What It Takes where he was featured alongside Ironman legends Peter Reid, Heather Fuhr and Lori Bowden following his 5th place finish at the 2003 Ironman World Championships. For 2011 Luke has joined forces with Matt Dixon of Purple Patch Fitness and says, Working with Matt for only a few months has completely reenergized my sport. I have found new direction, improved performance and now truly feel I can move up toward the lofty goals I set for myself in the sport. I am excited to see my progress so far, but more excited for what the future holds”.

Luke will be competing in most major Ironman and 70.3 events this year so be on the look out for him in our Helix wetsuit & PZ3TX swim skin.

No comments: