Thursday, May 7, 2009

Charlotte Paul doubles her score!

Charlotte Paul won the Western Australia half ironman, just a few weeks after winning one of the hardest Ironman races in history (Ironman China). Charlotte is showing some great form leading into the northern hemisphere season. Watch this space!
She sent us her most recent race report:

"Hi all

Just checking in to let you know what's happening.

I have just returned from Busselton in Western Australia where I won the Half Ironman on Saturday. It was a big surprise for me to feel so good on the day and be able to take out the title. I had no expectations and no pressure, I was just going to see how I felt on the day. Well I felt good! I won in a personal best time of 4 hours 23 minute.

It was a really fun week with school visits, interviews, a chat with the TriWA junior elites and congratulating all the kids at the finish line of the kids triathlon. Pictures attached. Kristian also gave a presentation to TriWA members on "triathlon is not swim + bike + run".

It's now definitely time for some rest before I start my build for the Quelle-Challenge Roth.

I'm now ranked 2nd in the World, according to www.ironmanrankings.blogspot.com which ranks athletes in M dot ironman distance racing, for the 2009 season, starting with Florida 2008.
According to another website, www.triathlonranking.com, I am 10th in the World. This site ranks athletes on all long course races.(Pre-Busselton results) I finished 2008 ranked 40th, so I'm on the up! You could say I'm going through a "purple patch". I'm on a roll and I'm going with it.

Revised schedule for 2009;

May 2nd Busselton Half Ironman, Western Australia.
July 12th Quelle-Challenge Roth, Germany.
August 23rd Philippines 70.3.
October 10th Hawaii Ironman World Champs
November 1st Port Macquarie Half Ironman
December 5th Ironman Western Australia

I appreciate all of your support.

Charlotte"

No comments: