Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sam Warriner featured on slowtwitch



A tough sprint at the World Championships in Vancouver gave Kiwi Sam Warriner the final podium spot, but she ended up as the overall champion of the ITU World Cup series this year. She talked to Slowtwitch.


ST: You've had a very solid season this year. Did it go as you expected?

Sam: I did a huge block of base training at the beginning of the year in New Zealand to set myself up for a good season. I worked for four months building up to around 150 km's of running per week, this combined with lots of cycling and swimming has enabled me to be consistent for a longer period this year. I also worked hard on the mental side of my training with my sport psychologist so I could be more consistent on race day. I always knew the Olympics would be a huge gamble that’s why I still raced World Cup’s, as my plan B. Getting 3rd in Vancouver really set me up for a good tilt at the World Cup.

For the complete interview go to slowtwitch.com

No comments: