Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Suzanne Heim-Bowen Breaks World Record in the nero!


Suzanne HeimBowen became the first female over 50 to break the 19 minute record for the 1500m distance during the Pacific Masters Swimming Championships held in Santa Cruz, California over July 11-13th. Suzanne's time was 18:45.1 breaking the previous World record for Master's Women 50-54 year age group of 19:08. She swam in the blueseventy nero Comp.
"I was expermenting with the suit to see how it would do in a long distance pool event. I was pleasantly surprised with the results. In Perth, Australia at the World Masters Aquatic Championships (held in April 08), I took home 5 gold and a bronze, setting world records and gold medals in the 200, 400 and 800 meter free and meet record in the 100 free."
She also won a gold medal in the 3k event and bronze in the 50m. All of which was swum in the nero.
"I love the suit." she says "No, I REALLY love the suit! I get a lot of questions about competing in the suit - some with skepticism but once they try on a blueseventy nero, they too feel the difference in a good way. I would like to believe that my success as of late is due to my ability, but I think there is another contributing factor involved here....yes THE suit! The nero rocks!"

Congratulations Suzanne!

No comments: